Do you need to discuss Contraceptive Care?
UCD Student Health Service has created contraceptive Pop-Up Clinics for students wishing to start a form of contraception. To avail of these clinics, you can book a telephone consultation with one of our doctors to discuss the contraceptive options that are most suitable for you. Please contact the Student Health Service reception on 01 716 3134 to set up your telephone contraceptive consultation today.
The consultation charge is €30.
Oral Contraceptive Pill
- Students who are interested in the contraceptive pill must book their first appointment with the doctor at Student Health even if they have previously seen a doctor elsewhere for this prescription. The doctor will issue you a prescription which you can bring to the pharmacy.
- Students that have seen the doctor at Student Health for their 1st contraceptive script can book a repeat pill appointment with the nurse.
- Students who have not been reviewed for contraception by a doctor in over a year must make a doctor appointment for a contraceptive prescription.
- In order to issue these prescriptions, students must book their appointments with the doctor/nurse in advance. Prescriptions will not be issued without an appointment
- If you are asked to submit your BMI/ BP to the SHS, this will need to be submitted by a recognised pharmacy. Photographs or recordings from personal machines will not be accepted in any circumstances. Options for getting a BMI/ BP reading are in the link below.
- Follow the link for further information on options for the Oral Contraceptive
- Students who are interested in Implanon must book their 1st Implanon appointment with the doctor at Student Health for an initial consultation even if they have discussed this with a doctor elsewhere. Please mention to the reception that you are enquiring about Implanon as there are specific doctors who carry out these consultations.
- If the student decides to go ahead and get the Implanon the doctor will give them a prescription which they can bring to the pharmacy.
- The student then needs to book a 2nd Implanon appointment with the same doctor.
- Student Health is unable to facilitate the removal of Implanon. Please ask reception for information on where this can be done.
- Students interested in the Depo-Provera injection must book an appointment with a doctor at Student Health for an initial consultation even if they have discussed this with a doctor elsewhere.
- If the student decides to get the Depo-Provera, the doctor will give them a prescription which they can bring to the pharmacy.
- Students that have seen the doctor at Student Health for their 1st script can then book a repeat contraceptive appointment with the nurse.
- Students must book these appointments with the doctor/nurse in advance. Prescriptions will not be issued without an appointment.
- A telephone consultation with the doctor is €30. However certain contraceptive appointments vary in price.