Please note: The Student Health Service offers both in person and telephone consultations. If you have a health concern that you do not think can be dealt with by phone-please ask reception for an in person appointment. Please do not attend for an in person appointment if you have a positive Covid test, symptoms of Covid 19 or if you are a close contact of a positive case. For further information on Covid 19 please click here. During this time, we may not be able to offer our some of our routine services. For full details click here. Please contact reception with any queries.
- Our doctors are available for both routine and urgent appointments. All appointments must be booked in advance.
- If you would specifically like to arrange an appointment with a male or female staff member, please let us know at the time of booking.
- Please note there is a €30 charge for a telephone consultation with the doctor. Additional tests or specialised consultations carry extra charges.
- There is no charge to the student for a Covid telephone consult as the HSE are currently paying for this service, so please so not hesitate to contact us if you are concerned about covid.
- We request that you only book one of our urgent slots when you are acutely unwell, in pain or distressed. .
- Urgent appointments cover only the urgent item and students may have to book a separate appointment for any other routine issues.
- We endeavour to see as many students as possible however we may not be able to see everyone who requests a same day appointment.
- Routine appointments are available for any routine or ongoing issues (e.g. long-term prescriptions, medicals etc).
- Routine appointments must be booked in advance and at busy times students may have to wait 2 weeks for a routine appointment. Therefore in order to arrange a time that is suitable to you, we recommend phoning at least 10 days in advance.
- If you would like a blood test, please first book a consultation with the doctor. Should you require a blood test the doctor will then refer you to the nurse to carry out the test.
- There is a €15 charge for a blood test.
- For information on specialised appointments such as STI Testing and Cervical Smears please return to our Services page.