HPV Vaccination Service
The student health service offers a HPV vaccine service using Gardisil 9 HPV vaccine
The vaccine course consists of 3 vaccinations over 6 months.
The approximate total cost of the HPV vaccine schedule is €730.
Initial telephone consultation - Charge: €30
Contact reception on 01 716 3134 to book a €30 telephone consultation with a doctor to discuss getting a HPV vaccine course.
The doctor will ask you the following questions, so please try to have the answers ready.
- Past Medical History: Do you have a serious or ongoing medical condition?
- Medications: Are you taking any medications at this time?
- Allergies: Do you have an allergy to any drugs, medications or tablets? Do you have an allergy to any other substance? For example - eggs.
- Adverse reaction to vaccines: Have you ever reacted badly and become unwell after a vaccination in the past?
- Pregnancy risk: Are you sexually active ? If so, are you using contraception ? Which one ?
- Menstrual period: What date did your last menstrual period start?
The doctor will issue a prescription for GARDASIL 9 HPV VACCINE for you if suitable.
This will be emailed to the Procare Pharmacy, UCD, Student Centre.
The doctor will schedule your first vaccine appointment with the nurse for you.
1st Vaccine Administration Visit-Charge: €15
- Arrive at the student centre 30 minutes before your appointment time
- Go to the pharmacy and purchase your 1st vaccine (approx 220 euro)
- Go to the Student Health Service Reception to check in and give them the vaccine to refrigerate until you are seen
- Sit outside of the reception area and the nurse will retrieve your vaccine from the fridge when they call you for your appointment.
- Before you leave, go to reception and book another nurse's appointment for 2 months time to have the 2nd vaccine
2nd Vaccine Visit - 2 months after first vaccination-Charge: €15
- Follow steps 1-5 above as you did for your first vaccine.
- Before you leave, go to reception and book another nurse's appointment for 4 months time to have the 3rd vaccine.
3rd Vaccine Visit - 4 months after second vaccination-Charge: €15
- Follow steps 1-5 above as you did for your first and second vaccines.
- Can I come in if I have my period? Answer: Yes.
- Can I shower after my vaccination? Answer: Yes.
- Can I eat after my vaccination? Answer: Yes.
- Can I use the gym after my vaccination? Answer: Yes.
- Can I drink alcohol after my vaccination? Answer : Yes