- Our phone lines are open from 9:30am each morning and 2pm in the afternoon.
- ALL appointments begin with a telephone consultation. This is a medical consultation, therefore there is a charge for the telephone consultation.
- We will need a contact number to phone you & you will need to answer.
- You will be asked to pay for your telephone consultation at the time of booking.
- Do not come to the SHS without first contacting us.
- You may be asked standard questions about your exposure to Covid 19 at the time of booking.
- For full details and FAQs click here
Student Health recognises how student life can be challenging for many students in UCD. Therefore there are many ways for students to avail of help and guidancewhen faced with urgent or minor difficulties during their time at UCD.
Exercise can boost your mental and physical health, improve your academic performance and overall contribute to a happier more fulfilled life. Oftentimes, we make excuses about why we cannot exercise but take a few minutes to consider the benefits of exercise and plan how you can build it into your life.
The HSE has reported that there is an increase in the number of cases of meningococcal cases in December and early January as compared with the same period last last year. However, The HSE states that this is not an outbreak. However, it is important for students to be aware of the signs and symptoms of meningitis. There a number of vaccines that help prevent particular kinds of meningitis. The HSE are not advising any other vaccines at present for the student age group unless you are in an at risk group. Please read the information available here.
The HSE has introduced My Options, a new free unplanned pregnancy support service which will be the first point of contact for support and information about an unplanned pregnancy.
My Options offers non-directive, free counselling and information for people experiencing an unplanned pregnancy. Information is available about all options, including continued pregnancy supports and abortion services.