BOOK THE FLU VACCINE AT STUDENT HEALTH
Student Health are currently offering the flu vaccine to students who fall under the at-risk categories or are working in the healthcare services.
The cost of the consultation is €15.
Please phone 01 716 3134 or drop by reception to book a consultation with the nurse.
GET THE VACCINE NOT THE FLU
Students in at risk groups and healthcare students are strongly advised to get the flu vaccine if you have not already done so.
The Flu vaccine is the best way to reduce the risk of Flu.
People in high risk groups are strongly advised to get the vaccine.
At risk groups for the vaccine include:
- People with chronic disease including asthma, chronic heart disease, chronic neurological disease and diabetes.
- Those with lower immunity due to disease and all cancer patients.
- All pregnant women.
- Those with body mass index > 40.
- All healthcare students.
The vaccine takes 2 weeks to take effect. Students in the at risk groups are strongly advised to have the vaccine before returning to college.
The vaccine is available from your own GP, pharmacies and the Student Health Service.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE FLU LIKE SYMPTOMS
- Anyone with flu should stay at home, rest, drink plenty of fluids and use over the counter remedies to ease symptoms.
- Do not come to college or attend lectures.
- See www.undertheweather.ie for more information on self-care for influenza.
- Anyone in high risk categories who develops flu should contact their GP for advice.
For further information please see www.hpsc.ie