An Old Irish Treatise on the Psalter
An electronic edition
Responsibility for document creation and encoding:
Creation of machine-readable text by: Niall Brady
Proofed by: Niall Brady
Header creation and mark-up by: Niall Brady
Extent of text: 4019 words [24.1 kb]
Printed source of this digital edition
An Old Irish Treatise on the Psalter (revised text), ed. Kuno Meyer, Hibernica Minora (Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1894) 20-37
- This is an English translation of an Old Irish original.
- The Latin text of the original remains untranslated.
- Several Greek terms occur.
- Some Hebrew words.
Published by:Thesaurus Linguae Hibernicae
University College Dublin
Belfield, Dublin 4
Project funder: Professor Marianne McDonald (University of California, San Diego) via the Ireland Funds.
Date: Final mark-up completed, 2007-09-07
Text ID: km.hm.001
Available only for academic teaching and research provided that this header is included in its entirety with any copy distributed. This edition may not be reproduced or used elsewhere without the explicit permission of the TLH project. For enquiries, please contact us.
The numbers introducing each paragraph in Hibernica Minora (reproduced in the TLH edition) refer to the line numbers of the text in the original manuscript.
TLH has mot made any alterations to Meyer’s text.
The electronic text represents Kuno Meyer’s printed translation.
Quotations from Patristic and ecclesiastical authorities are encoded with the <q> tag. The ‘who’ attribute specifies the source of the quotation, where this is given.
End-of-line hyphenation of the printed edition has not been retained.
- The <supplied> tag is used to encode additions to the text made by the print editor or the editor of the electronic text. The “resp” attribute indicates the source of the supplied text: “p” indicates print editor and “e” electronic editor.
- The <foreign> tag is used to encode words and phrases in a language other than that of the main text. The ‘lang’ attribute identifies the language used in each such occurrence.
© 2007 Thesaurus Linguae Hibernicae (UCD)