UCD Volunteer Day 2019
- Dublin Simon Community Care Package Appeal 2019
- UCD Community Engagement Report 2018-19 Launch
- UCD Volunteer Day 2019
- CAPuchins Charity Golf Day at Killeen Castle
- UCD In Conversation: "The Transformative Power of Community Engaged Learning"
- IMNDA present Joe Carthy with Certificate of Appreciation for Walk While You Can
UCD Volunteer Day 2019
UCD in the Community were delighted to host the annual UCD Volunteer Day on Wednesday, October 2, 2019.
There were various events that took place across campus throughout the day and it was a great way for anyone intererested in volunteering to find out more information and get involved. Check out the activities that took place below.
11:00 - 14:30, ground floor, UCD O' Brien Centre for Science (East)
There were 15 visiting community-based organisations at the UCD in the Community Volunteer Fair. The Fair allowed students and staff to chat with representatives from the visiting organisations and sign up to volunteer with them if interested. Thank you to all the visiting organisations and to all the students and staff who visited the Fair.
Volunteering and Your Career
UCD Careers Network, 12:00 - 12:45, H2.40, UCD O' Brien Centre for Science (Hub)
Michelle Coen and Rebecca Boyle, UCD Careers Network, provided an informative workshop on how students could use volunteering to further their career, including what potential employers look for in graduates and how you can include the skills you have learned through volunteering to further your career prospects. Great to see so many students in attendance!
Volunteering Lunch and Learn
UCD's Charity Partners, Special Olympics Ireland and UCDVO, 1:15 - 1:45, Moore Auditorium, UCD O' Brien Centre for Science (East)
UCD Culture and Engagement encouraged students and employees to attend this lunch and learn event with two of UCD's charity partners, Special Olympics Ireland and UCD Volunteers Overseas. The event was well attended and we wish to express a sincere thanks to Anita Carthy, Special Olympics Ireland and Lorraine Bailey, UCD employee and UCDVO volunteer for their fantastic presentations for potential volunteers.
On Campus Community Initiatives
- UCD Purl Jam welcomed all new members to join their knitting/creative group from 1-2pm in E0.32, ground floor, O' Brien Centre for Science (East). The group meet weekly on Wednesdays from 1-2pm and welcome both staff and students of all levels and experience. You can read more about UCD Purl Jam on their fantastic blog.
- UCD Institute for Discovery had a pop-up at the spiral staircase on the ground floor of the O' Brien Centre for Science (East) from 1-2pm. The Intergenerational Jigsaw Club meet weekly on Fridays and welcome all new members!
UCD in the Community wishes to express our sincere gratitude to all the organisations who attended the Fair, all the students, staff and alumni who got involved in the various activities, all the speakers and facilitators of the events that were taking place, and all those who helped with logistics and planning. We hope you found a great organisation or group to volunteer with and we look forward to seeing everyone again next year!