The Remote Working Group
The USM Remote Working Group is a collection of staff in operational roles across the University who the USM Project Team have been facilitating coming together since the beginning of the move to remote working in 2020.
The question that the RWG was set up to answer was:
"how do I know what the best way to do this thing is now that I'm not in the office anymore?"
“This thing" could be as mundane or complex as anything.
It's evolved over the last year to become more than this with members coming along each week from
- School and College Offices;
- Access and Lifelong Learning;
- Global; and
- IT Services
to plug into an information flow that might be relevant to them and the work that they do. It's also being used as an additional forum for sharing information out to those in operational roles, with areas like Assessment, Room Allocations and IT Services pushing updates through their members.
It meets every Thursday for 45 minutes at 10:30, via Zoom. There are about 140 staff on the mailing list that get each meeting's notes, and there are usually about 40 people at each meeting.
- We welcome all and any members of staff to the group - even multiple people from the same team - and we are welcoming to new members.
- We share information that our colleagues may benefit from knowing across various online platforms.
- We welcome questions from all members and everyone has an equal opportunity to share information, experiences and ideas.
- We treat all members with dignity and respect.
- This group facilitates connecting with colleagues across the wider UCD community.
- Available to anyone regardless of working arrangements (remote or on campus).
Want to know more?
If you are interested in getting involved with the Remote Working Group, or simply would like some more information, please send an email to email@example.com.
Updated 10th Aug 2021