This is an exciting one-day research forum to discuss animal welfare science in Ireland. For the first time we aim to bring together animal welfare researchers from across Ireland in a friendly, supportive and collegiate forum to share ideas, forge collaborations and promote change to improve animals’ lives.
We are delighted that Dr Eimear Murphy (CIWF) will provide a plenary talk on her research on cognition and emotions in animals, and her recent transition from research to an NGO.
We will also feature a special edition of 'My Scientific Desert Island Discs' with Dr Gareth Arnott (QUB)- a musical journey through his career.
We'd love to hear about all types of research - please see the call for abstracts below!
Do register by Friday 3 March if you would like to:
- Find out what’s going on in AWS research in Ireland
- Learn which approaches or techniques are working for others working in similar areas
- Pilot your study & presenting style in a safe, supportive & encouraging environment
- Network with like–minded colleagues at a friendly, fun & informal event
- Spark potential collaboration, develop or initiate new ideas or projects
We look forward to welcoming you to UCD School of Veterinary Medicine!