Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratories
The Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratories are part of the UCD Veterinary Hospital (UCDVH) within the UCD School of Veterinary Medicine. Staff at the laboratories have provided diagnostic services for patients of the UCDVH as well as patients under the care of veterinary practitioners throughout Ireland for many years.
We are pleased to offer these services to researchers working with animals. Detailed information on pathological changes or the monitoring of sequential changes in the blood profile of an animal are frequently crucial in research projects. Similarly the detection of infectious microorganisms or parasites may be a vital concern. We can provide you with these essential services.
We offer diagnostic services in
- Clinical Pathology (haematology, clinical chemistry and endocrinology)
- Morphological Pathology
- Panel of experienced veterinary diagnosticians and researchers
- Team of experienced technical officers
- State-of-the-art laboratories
- Tailored training in key techniques
- Laboratories are participants in relevant quality control schemes
Members of the team can help at many levels ranging from official collaborations to the delivery of defined activities, training and advice. Making contact with us at the project design stage is advised to ensure maximum benefit for the project. Contact us today for a copy of our comprehensive catalogue of tests and services on offer.