Small Animal Clinical Services
Our Small Animal Clinical Services are provided by Specialists in their field with the support of a large team including, Residents (specialists in training) specialty interns and registered veterinary nurses, rotating interns and patient care assistants. The internal medicine service has state-of-the-art facilities, including endoscopy, dental and intensive care equipment, and is complemented by on site advanced Diagnostic Imaging and Diagnostic Laboratory services. We aim to provide the highest level of care for your pet, while keeping you updated and informed at all times.
Small Animal Medicine Services
Our Internal Medicine Specialists provide services in the following areas:
- Acute Medicine & Emergency
- Internal Medicine
- Veterinary Pharmacology/Therapeutics
The UCDVH Small Animal Medicine Service also offers a minimally invasive test for Muscular Dystrophy in the Japanese Spitz. Please click here for further information on this service.
Small Animal Surgery Services
The Small Animal Surgical Specialists provide a wide range with a range of services including:
- Soft Tissue surgeries.
We offer advanced surgical and medical treatment for the management of orthopaedic and neurological diseases. Our services include but are not limited to treatment of:
- Canine Hip Dysplasia: We offer Total hip replacements, juvenile pubic symphysiodesis, Triple Pelvic Osteotomy and Femoral Head Ostectomy
- Other diseases of the hip: We offer treatment for traumatic hip luxations, fractures and congenital disease
- Diseases of the elbow and shoulder: We offer advanced imaging and arthroscopic techniques for the diagnosis and treatment of the common diseases of the elbow and shoulder
- Angular limb deformities: Surgical treatments such as corrective osteotomies/ostectomies and bone lengthening procedures are available to correct many of these problems
- Cranial Cruciate Rupture: Our surgical team offers both extra capsular (outside the joint) repairs and the newer Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy (TPLO)
- Patella Luxation
- Traumatic injuries and fractures: We offer surgical treatment and fixation for all types of traumatic orthopaedic cases. Surgical technology includes fixation with metal implants as well as external fixation and bone plate technology
- Arthroscopic Joint Exploration: Our service is now offering this state-of-the-art, less invasive approach, to the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the shoulder, elbow, knee and ankle (tarsus)
- Intervertebral Disc Disease and routine neurologic conditions: Our surgical team is well equipped to diagnose (technology for myelogram and MRI) and recommend surgical and non-surgical treatment for common neurological conditions such as IVDD and spinal fractures