Equine Reproduction and Fertility
UCD Veterinary Hospital now offers the only specialist led equine reproduction service in Ireland. Dr Niamh Lewis joined our team in 2021 and brings a unique skill set in advanced reproduction to the UCDVH.
- Mare and stallion infertility investigations (Sport horse and Thoroughbred)
- Barren mares
- Recurring endometritis
- Collaborative solutions with the equine surgery department for issues such as urine pooling, poor perineal conformation and oviductal blockages
- Subfertile stallions with low per cycle and per season pregnancy rates
- Low stallion libido (collaborative approach with medicine and surgery to rule out musculoskeletal and internal medicine issues)
- On site laboratory for quick turnaround of cytology and histology samples.
- High risk pregnant mare management
- Serial monitoring of high risk pregnancies to assess fetal and placental development and viability
- OPU and ICSI
- The latest advanced reproductive technology to produce foals in vitro from subfertile mare and stallion combinations. READ MORE