Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratories
The Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratories were first established over forty years ago by Professor Ron Kelly to support the clinical teaching of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine. Today, they continue to fulfil this role as part of the UCD Veterinary Hospital. The laboratories provide a rapid in-house diagnostic service for our clinicians, whilst also providing an external, fast, friendly and highly accurate diagnostic service to veterinary practitioners around Ireland, drawing on the expertise and knowledge of the staff of the School of Veterinary Medicine. In addition, they play a pivotal role in many of the School’s research projects, seeking to advance our knowledge of animal disease.
Our diagnostic services include:
- Haematology, Biochemistry & Cytology
- Bacteriology & Mycology
- Morphological Pathology (Biopsies & Post Mortem Examination)
With our highly professional and skilled team, we aim to provide you with a comprehensive and high quality diagnostic service.
For detailed information on submitting samples, diagnostic services and a complete A-Z Laboratory Test Index, please refer to the UCD Veterinary Diagnostic Lab Catalogue 2022.
The UCDVH also offers a minimally invasive genetic test for Muscular Dystrophy in the Japanese Spitz. Please click here for further information on this service.
- Clinical Pathology (Haematology, Biochemistry & Cytology) - Tel: (01) 7166161
- Endocrinology - Tel: (01) 716 6137
- Microbiology - Tel: (01) 716 6173
- Parasitology - Tel: (01) 716 6168
- Histopathology - Tel: (01) 716 6162
- Post Mortem (necropsies) - Tel: (01) 716 6126
General Enquiries - Tel: (01) 716 6136 or Email: email@example.com
Need results quickly? Our Nationwide Veterinary Specimen Courier Service will collect your clinical samples from your practice and deliver them directly to our laboratories here in UCD.
- Free in Dublin (same day delivery)
- €5 Nationwide (next day delivery)
- Temperature regulated vehicles
- P650 compliant containers
- Freephone: 1800 252 967 (ROI)
- Please contact us directly on (01) 716 6136 for courier information relating to post mortems under 15kg nationwide
Please see the UCDVH Diagnostic Laboratories Courier Service Instructions for further information on our Courier Service.