Cappagh National Orthopaedic Hospital is Ireland's biggest orthopaedic hospital, a major centre for elective orthopaedic surgery and the leader of Orthopaedic Surgery in Ireland.
A voluntary hospital founded in 1908 under the care of the Religious Sisters of Charity, it was once renowned for its surgical treatment of children with TB from the 1920s. It is now an elective hospital with 160 beds, 11 of which are semi-private. The hospital provides the full range of Orthopaedic services including Major Joint Replacement (Ankle, Hip, Knee, Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist), Spinal Surgery, Primary Bone Tumour service, Paediatric orthopaedics and Sports Injuries. The Orthotic Unit produces artificial limbs, braces and other aids for patients from all over the country.
The hospital has links with Beaumont Hospital, Children's University Hospital, Temple Street , Connolly Hospital, Blanchardstown, Mater University Hospital, St. Vincent's University Hospital, St. Michael's Hospital, Dun Laoghaire, St. Columcille's Hospital, Loughlinstown and St James' Hospital.