Rare Disease Symposium
A Rare Diseases Symposium is being held on Thursday 3rd May 2018 from 8:30am to 1pm at the George Moore Auditorium, UCD O'Brien Centre for Science.
The event is being opened by Professor Orla Feely, UCD Vice President for Research, Innovation and Impact and will feature presentations by UCD academic staff with interest in the area as well as key collaborators and stakeholders. Contributors will include:
- Prof Eileen Tracey, National Clinical Lead, Rare Diseases
- Dr Sean Ennis, Director, UCD Academic Centre on Rare Diseases
- Mr Philip Watt, CEO, Cystic Fibrosis Ireland
- Dr Avril Kennan, CEO, Medical Research Charities Group
- Prof Thilo Kroll, UCD Prof of Health Systems Management
- Dr Atif Awan, Consultant Paediatric Nephrologist, TSCUH
- Prof Sally Ann Lynch, UCD Associate Clinical Professor and Consultant Geneticist, OLCHC
- Mr Fred Doherty, Hrad of Government Affairs and Market Access, Genzyme
- Ms Raquel Castro, Head of Social Policy EURORDIS
- Alison Wilson, MPS All Ireland Patient Advocacy Officer
- Dr Avril Daly, CEO, Retina International
- Dr Suja Somanadhan, Asst Prof, Children’s Nursing, UCD
- Ms Anne Lawlor, Parent, 22q11 D
- Ms Meabh Hennelly, Sibling, Cystinosis
- Ms Dipti Pandya, Senior Manager, UCD Research
- Dr Derick Mitchell, CEO, IPPOSI
- Nursing Students
- Medical Students
This event is free but registration is advised as there is a finite capacity. Please register via Eventbrite here.
The meeting is being organised by Rare Disease Ireland, the Medical Research Charities Group, the Irish Platform for Patient Organisations, Science & Industry and by staff within the College of Health & Agricultural Sciences.