UCD Alumni Reunion 2014 Symposium
In association with the UCD Medical Graduates Association (UCD MGA), the School welcomes past pupils, friends and colleagues to the 2014 UCD Medicine Alumni Reunion with a research symposium entitled “Frontiers on Diabetes and Obesity Research and Management.”
The symposium takes place on Friday 16th May 2014 from 12:30* to 3:00pm in the UCD Garret Fitzgerald Debating Chamber, UCD Student Centre, Belfield.
Keynote address will be given by distinguished UCD Medicine alumnus Prof. Sir Stephen O’Rahilly (UCD Medicine 1981), Co-Director, IMS ; Director, University of Cambridge Metabolic Research Laboratories and Director, MRC Metabolic Diseases Unit.
The symposium will feature current UCD academic staff:
- Prof. Donal O’Shea, Consultant Endocrinologist, St.Vincent’s University Hospital
- Dr. Maria Byrne, Consultant Endocrinologist, Mater Misericordia University Hospital
- Mr. Justin Geoghegan, Consultant Surgeon, St. Vincent’s University Hospital
- Prof. Carel Le Roux, Professor of Experimental Pathology, UCD Conway Institute
- Prof. Catherine Godson, Professor of Molecular Medicine, UCD Diabetes Research Complications Centre.
This is a CME accredited event.
*Light Lunch will be provided from 12.00pm – 12.30pm.
The research symposium is part of our annual Alumni Reunion event which this year welcomes back graduates from the Classes of 1954, 1959, 1964, 1974, 1984, 1989, 1994 and 2004.
From 3:30 - 5:00pm, there will be 4 CME-accredited presentations by UCD MGA Alumni from the celebratory years, also in the UCD Garret Fitzgerald Debating Chamber.
- Prof. Alice Stanton "Device Treatment for Hypertension - The Jury is Still Out"
- Prof. Muiris Fitzgerald " UCD Medical School- In the Rare Ould Times"
- Dr. Finian Gallagher “A day at the races”
Evening festivities begin at 7:00pm with a Pre-Dinner Drinks Reception & Group Photographs, an opportunity to catch up with classmates from your graduating year and be part of class photographs which will be taken at:
- 1954, 1959, 1964 - taken at 7.15pm
- 1974, 1984, 1989 - taken at 7.25pm
- 1994 and 2004 - taken at 7.35pm
The 2014 UCD Medicine Alumni Reunion Dinner will take place at 7:45pm in the five star Conrad Hotel, Earlsfort Terrace. Tables will be arranged by graduating year and the dress code is lounge suit/wear. At the dinner, this year’s Distinguished Graduate award will be presented to our keynote speaker, Prof. Sir Stephen O’Rahilly. For group rates at the hotel, please mention the MGA when booking rooms at the Conrad.
We look forward to welcoming our alumni and we hope they will be suitably impressed by both our campus facilities and the research programmes being advanced by our current academic staff.