Frontiers in Diabetes and Obesity Research and Management
Students and staff are cordially invited to a scientific meeting entitled 'Frontiers in Diabetes and Obesity Research and Management' which takes place on Friday 16th May 14 between 12 - 3pm in the UCD Student Centre. This meeting, as part of the UCD Alumni Reunion celebrations, showcases research by current UCD investigators and distinguished graduates.
The programme includes presentations by:
- Prof. Sir Stephen O’Rahilly, Director, University of Cambridge Metabolic Research Laboratories
- Prof. Donal O’Shea, Endocrinologist, St.Vincent’s University Hospital
- Dr. Maria Byrne, Endocrinologist, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital
- Mr. Justin Geoghegan, Consultant Surgeon, St. Vincent’s University Hospital
- Prof. Carel Le Roux, UCD Head of Pathology
- Prof. Catherine Godson, Director, UCD Diabetes Complications Research Centre
Keynote speaker, Prof. Sir Stephen O’Rahilly is Professor of Clinical Biochemistry and Medicine at the University of Cambridge and Honorary Consultant Physician at Addenbrooke’s Hospital. Best known for his contribution on the genetic causes of diabetes and endocrine obesity, Prof. O’Rahilly was awarded a Knight Bachelor in June, 2013.
This invitation is open to all, but places are limited. Please RSVP by 30th April to email@example.com
For more information on the MGA Reunion 2014 please visit our site: bit.ly/UCDMGA