Obesity | A Physiological Perspective
Abstracts are now invited from all themes in physiology. Abstract submission is online now and open until 12th July 2014.
The meeting is part of a series of events The Society are running in 2014 on Obesity, please see the Understanding Obesity page for the full event details.
The programme will be covering the consequences and causes of obesity and address "what can we do about it?" and the "impact on society".
Sessions will include:
- Metabolic & Cardiovascular conseqences (Chair: Naveed Sattar, University of Glasgow)
- Maternal obesity: implications for the health of the mother and child (Chair: Lucilla Poston, King's College London)
- Manipulating the physiology of appetite (Chair: Carel le Roux, University College Dublin)
- Obesity - more than just appetite (Chairs: Gareth Leng, Univ. of Edinburgh & Soraya Shirazi-Beechey, Univ. of Liverpool)
- Obesity - what can I do about it (Chair: Jeremy Tomlinson, University of Birmingham)
- Obesity - the impact on wider society (Chair: Janice Thompson, University of Birmingham)
For more information visit the meeting webpage or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Obesity: A Physiological Perspective
Newcastle United, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
10 September 2014 - 12 September 2014
Please note that this event is not being organised by the UCD School of Medicine & Medical Science. Details are posted here to help publicise the event. The School does not accept responsibility for any inaccuracies or changes to the event which may occur. Please liaise directly with the event organisers.