Team Console Ring of Kerry Charity Cycle
Can you come join Team Console at this year’s Ring of Kerry Charity Cycle?
This year’s Ring of Kerry Charity cycle takes place on Saturday 4th July. Console is delighted to one of the charities benefitting from one of Irelands biggest single-day fundraisers. We opened our first Centre in Co Kerry in 2013 and truly need this support to further develop our professional suicide postvention and prevention services for the county.
As part of our involvement with the Ring of Kerry Charity Cycle, we are urgently seeking medical volunteers to join the cycle crew, on our behalf. It’s a long day and an early start on Saturday 4th, but we can guarantee a superb sense of involvement and achievement in supporting us at the Cycle. If we have enough medical volunteers, the day may be split so that people only have to commit to a few hours but people should expect to give the entire day. Medical volunteers will be designated their first aid station/base for the day and fulfil duties on a medical roster for the cycle.
Doctors Nurses PHECC Practitioners
- Advanced Paramedic (AP)
- Paramedic (P)
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Emergency First Responder (EFR)
- Cardiac First Responder (CFR)
- Non- PHECC Qualified Responders
- Occupational First Aider (OFA)
What We Will Need
- All Medical Volunteers will be asked to attend a minimum of one information meeting prior to the event; Wednesday 24th or Monday 29th June at 19.30hrs in Gleneagle Hotel Killarney.
- Volunteers cars will be fitted with a temporary radio by the communications team on the morning of the cycle at their first aid post.
- Evidence of active and up to date qualification is necessary for insurance purposes.
If required, Console will do our best to support Medical Volunteers with travel, or accommodation for the event. Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me where I will be only too happy to help.
Sincerely hoping you can join us for this wonderful day.
Please note that this event is not being organised by the UCD School of Medicine & Medical Science. Details are posted here to help publicise the event. The School does not accept responsibility for any inaccuracies or changes to the event which may occur. Please liaise directly with the event organisers.