Michalis started his PhD in September 2015, under a full scholarship from UCD Michael Smurfit Business School. He graduated with First Class Honours from the Department of Economics, University of Crete, Greece. He completed a Masters in Supply Engineering and Logistics in Warwick University, United Kingdom in 2009. His research focuses on supply chain risk management and associated dynamic capabilities. He published work on these in journals such as the Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management and the Journal of Enterprise Information Management. He is a member of International Supply Chain Risk Management Group (iSCRIM) and CeBas (Centre for Business and Society). He has delivered guest lectures in the modules Research Measurement and Design (PhD level: BMGT50040) and Global Supply Chain Simulation (MSc level: BMGT 44550).
- Giannakis, M., and Louis, M., 2016. A multi-agent based system with big data processing for enhanced supply chain agility. Journal of Enterprise Information Management, 29(5), pp.706-727.
- Giannakis, M. and Louis, M., 2011. A multi-agent based framework for supply chain risk management. Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management, 17(1), pp.23-31.
- Parkinson, M., Pagell, M., Fynes, B., and Louis, M., 2017. A Longitudinal Analysis of Socially Irresponsible Firm Behavior. EurOMA2017 Conference.
- Louis, M., Pagell, M., and Gualandris, J., 2017. Putting Sustainability into Supply Chain Risk Management. 4th International EurOMA Sustainability Operations and Supply Chains Forum.
Honours and Awards
- 2013 – Most downloaded article for Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management, January to December 2012 Full Year, ScienceDirect Team, Elsevier B.V., Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- 2008 – Departmental Prize for excellent performance in coursework and project for the MSc in Supply Engineering and Logistics, University of Warwick, United Kingdom.
- 2006 – First Class Honours, BSc in Economic Science, University of Crete, Greece.
Supervisor: Professor Mark Pagell
Thesis Title: Sustainability risk management in global supply chains : A dynamic capabilities perspective
Research Interests: Supply Chain Management, Supply Chain Risk Management, Operations Management, Strategic Management.