- From now until the MSC closes the MSC tutors will prioritise first year students. Non-first year students will necessarily experience a longer wait time and we apologise in advance for this.
- There will be a dedicated day for Stats modules on Thursday December 4th in ALE room H2.38 from 11am-3pm & a dedicated day for ACM modules on Friday December 5th in ALE 232 Science North from 11am-3pm.
- The MSC will be open for the revision week and the exam weeks and the plan is to open until Wednesday December 17th.
- The MSC will close at 1.15 (instead of the usual 2pm closing time) this Friday November 28th.
- From Friday November 7th until the MSC closes for Xmas, the MSC tutors will not deal with any queries regarding final year or postgraduate projects, e.g. projects involving statistical reports, or the use of specialist software etc.
The tutors will be extremely busy and providing assistance on such work is not within the remit of the MSC.
Maths Support Centre Video
User's Guide - How to get the best from your MSC session
1. Log in to the MSC database using one of the two log in computers.
You will need to know:
(a) your student number,
(b) your programme of study e.g. Science, Engineering etc,
(c) your module code for which you seek help e.g MEEN10030 Mechanics for Engineers.
2. Take a ticket from the right hand side of the ticket book.
3. Take a seat and prepare your question for the tutor; this may mean opening Blackboard on your laptop or
taking out your physical notes.
4. Listen for the tutor to call your ticket number and raise your hand when it's called.
5. While you are waiting for the tutor to see you use this time to articulate exactly what it is you are having an issue with
and perhaps try Googling it or checking out the video or sheet resources in the MSC.
Here is a document which gives more details about the MSC: MSC Advert.
A larger version of this timetable can be downloaded here: PDF version of the MSC timetable.
The MSC tutors are all experienced tutors and also tutor for the UCD School of Mathematical Sciences. To find out more about each individual tutor you can find their bio and picture here: Tutor Biographies.
Several of our tutors have experience with mathematical software, full details are here: Tutors' Software Expertise.