As part of UCD Strategy 2015-2020, Strategic Initiative 2 aims to ensure that UCD defines educational excellence. The major objectives are that the University:
- offers students a fully outcomes-based curriculum;
- ensures the academic coherence of the UCD degree;
- improves modular flexibility and choice for students and aligns these with learning outcomes;
- provides more opportunities, within and outside the classroom, for students to develop social, intercultural and generic skills;
- ensures student access to excellent academic advice throughout their programmes; and
- provides a suite of professional development supports for those who teach as part of an integrated University approach to faculty development.
Strategic Initiative 2 builds on UCD's modular and semesterised structure to enhance the education experience UCD offers to all its students.