Writing for UCD Today
Information on Writing for UCD Today
How to submit an article for consideration
A ‘call for articles’ email is issued by the editor to all College Principals, Heads of School, Communications Officers and regular contributors in advance of forthcoming issues. Email email@example.com if you would like to be added to this mailing list.
When submitting articles for consideration please remember:
- Articles should be about 250/300 words in length. Longer articles submitted may be edited to fit the space available
- Keep the piece short and factual
- Use plain English: avoid jargon
- Report on recent events and achievements rather than flagging upcoming activity
- Provide good quality photograph(s) with full, accurate caption(s). Photographs should be in high resolution jpg format, at least 300 dpi. Please ensure that the image has been cleared for print and online usage
The final choice of articles for inclusion rests with the editor, in consultation with the Publications Advisory Group (PAG), in line with the editorial policy of the magazine.
Four feature articles are sourced for each issue and journalists are commissioned to interview the relevant UCD person and write the feature. Suggestions about features for inclusion are always welcome to firstname.lastname@example.org