Francis J. O’Kelley Collection
Printed book from O’Kelley collection
UCD Library Special Collections holds the Francis J. O’Kelley collection of books and pamphlets.
- The O’Kelley Collection contains almost 1,000 items and includes much material on Irish history, local history, and especially Irish printing and printing relating to Ireland during the 17th-19th centuries.
- It contains a large proportion of pamphlets. Many of these are quite rare.
- The O’Kelley Collection is included in a chronological list of pamphlets in the card catalogue in the Special Collections Reading Room.
- The collection was bequeathed to UCD Library in 1951.
Francis J. O’Kelley was an American born local historian, collector and bibliographer.
Access and Use
The collections can be consulted by the students and staff of UCD, and by external users, in the Special Collections Reading Room.
Find material in the collection:
- Use The Library Catalogue to key in Francis O'Kelley
- When you get a results screen select Special Collections from Location option in the left panel