UCD welcomes many international visitors each year, including representatives from existing partner institutions, potential new partners, Ambassadors and senior political figures. Everyone is guaranteed a warm reception as we welcome the new perspective that they each bring.
Intending official visitors are asked to complete a Visit Request Form. It is important that the form is completed online at least 4 weeks before the date of the prospective visit. The International Relations Office will then liaise within the University to match visit requests with University personnel and advise the sender of the outcome of the request. Although all requests are considered carefully, the University is unable to service all requests.
If you plan on visiting UCD we have some useful points of information below:
- We ask that you please submit the visit request form 4 weeks prior to your visit. The form should include the following information:
- Details of the delegation (names and positions).
- The scheduled arrival and departure dates of your visit.
- Details of the topics you are interested in (The more details are provided the better we can support you in organising your programme).
- The UCD Global Partnerships team will assess the visit/delegation request and liaise with relevant units to determine interest and availability.
- We hope you will understand that any appointments we can arrange depend on the availability of the staff in the departments, organisations, and institutions you are interested in.
- The team will keep in contact in relation to the itinerary and the arrival details in advance of your visit and will assist with follow-up after the visit.
International visitors guide
This guide outlines basic information on travelling to UCD including links for transportation and local hotels for any short-term visitors to campus.
If you are interested inviting a senior member of UCD personnel to your campus, please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com.
Information for Visiting Scholars to UCD
We recommend that you liaise with the schools you are visiting in advance. The UCD International Visitors guide is available here. This guide outlines transportation from the airport and hotels close to UCD along with recommendations for visiting Dublin.