Sexual Health and Wellbeing
(opens in a new window)Sexualwellbeing.ie provides lots of information about sexual health and well-being including:
- (opens in a new window)Consent
- (opens in a new window)Contraception
- (opens in a new window)Crisis pregnancy
- (opens in a new window)Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI’s)
There is also information on various training programmes in relation to sexual health for GP’s, parents, teachers and other health professionals.
The HSE now provide a free service called SH:24 which enables people to order a free STI test kit to use at home. The sample is then returned to be tested and results are provided via text or phone call. For more information, or to order a test kit, (opens in a new window)visit the SH:24 website.
Contraception is now free for 17 – 31 year olds who have a PPS number. The cost of contraceptive consultations, appointments, prescriptions, fitting and removal of coils and implants and any other costs involved are all covered.
Free emergency contraception is also available under the same scheme.
For more details on what services are available, contact the UCD Student Health Service.
Condom dispensers in UCD
The HSE have also installed condom dispensers around the UCD campus for the UCD community to avail of condoms free-of-charge. The dispensers can be found in the following locations:
- Laundrettes in Ashfeld, Belgrove, Glenomena, Roebuck and Blackrock residences
- Health Sciences ("B" concourse)
- Engineering (Student Common Room)
- Quinn (corridor adjacent to ground floor toilets)
- Newman (LG area, adjacent to vending machines)
- Science Hub (near ground floor vending machines)