Constitutional Law - An Update 2019
Constitutional Law: An Update 2019
The Centre for Constitutional Studies will host its annual review of the major developments in Irish constitutional law on 17 January 2019 between 2pm and 5.30pm. The event will examine and explain the most significant developments in 2018 and will be of interest to legal practitioners and academics. The following speakers will address the major recent cases in constitutional law:
- Eoin Carolan BL: Introduction to the leading cases of 2018.
- Tom Hickey: The effect of findings of unconstitutionality: C v. Minister for Social Protection  IESC 57.
- Suzanne Kingston BL: The duty to give reasons: Connelly v An Bord Pleanála  IESC 31 and  IESC 36.Patricia Brazil BL: Family rights and immigration: Luximon & Bachand v Minister for Justice & Equality  IESC 24.
- Geoffrey Shannon: Recent developments in the interpretation of children’s rights and Article 42A.
- Catherine Donnelly BL: The mechanics of rights: Entitlements, obligations and remedies.
Full Programme with speaker bios is available to download here
Rate for students, NGOs, practitioners with less than 3 years’ experience: €25
Rate for members of the Centre for Constitutional Studies: €20
General rate: €50