Infection, Immunity & Repair
The infection, immunity and repair (IIR) research group encompasses a diversity of human and animal disorders, comprising the study of inflammation and pathogenesis in both infectious and non-infectious disease settings. This theme brings together researchers across Conway research disciplines covering the spectrum of basic and clinical research.
- Diversity of human and animal disorders, comprising the study of inflammation in both infectious and non-infectious disease settings
- Improved disease control tools in humans and animals through molecular characterisation of the host-pathogen interface
- Studies of chronic inflammatory conditions, e.g. inflammatory bowel disease, chronic lung disease and arthritis with translation to improved therapeutics
- Identification of novel targets and lead compounds to accelerate drug discovery in infectious and non-infectious disease
- Understanding the molecular basis of fertility/infertility