All UCD staff and students need a username and password to use services on the UCD network. This is known as your Connect username and password. This gives you access to:
- A UCD computer account
- A UCD email account
- Many applications on the network
Access to systems depends on your role in the University. Please check the list if IT Service entitlements here to see what services you are able to access.
All users of the UCD network must adhere to the Acceptable Use Policy for UCD Computer & Network Systems.
All new non-student accounts are protected by Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) as standard. It is a mandatory requirement for all new non-student users to enroll in MFA at the time of account set up.
Full details on all IT account access is available on the IT Account and Service Access Procedures document.
Find out more about Connect IT accounts in our Knowledge Base articles on the UCD IT Support Hub:
- Faculty & Staff Connect IT account set up
- Activate your new Connect IT account? (non student accounts only)
- Student Connect IT account
- Request a sponsor Connect IT account
- Sponsored Connect IT accounts - Information for Sponsors
- Request a Email Only Collaborative email address
- Casual Hourly Claimants & Retired staff - Connect IT account set up
- Faculty & Staff - Information on Connect IT accounts when leaving UCD
- Connect IT account information for Students leaving the University
- What IT services am I entitled to use
UCD IT ServicesComputer Centre, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland.
Contact us via the UCD IT Support Hub: www.ucd.ie/ithelp