Student IT Essentials
- Manage your UCD Connect account
- Get started on our UCD Brightspace virtual learning platform
- Register your computer on the UCD network
- Change your password
- Check your UCD student details on SISWeb
- Access your UCD email
- Protect your device, data and identity online
- Connect to eduroam wifi on campus
- Wired access VS Wireless access on campus
- Download software for UCD students
- Avail of special offers for buying computers and software
- Visit our on-campus computer labs
- Find help at the UCD IT Support Hub
- Book MS Office Courses here
New to UCD? Welcome! Get started with the range of IT services available to you:
- Watch our UCD IT Induction overview video (right)
- Download the free UCD Mobile app from your app provider
- Check out the Discover IT section in the 'Introduction to UCD' module when you first log into Brightspace
UCD Connect is the portal for all your UCD IT applications and services, such as your email, calendar, SISWeb, AppsAnywhere and Brightspace. You can also change your password here, download student software, and even check your UCD library account.
As a learner within Brightspace, you will be using your modules as a place to interact with your lecturer, retrieve files and handouts as part of your learning and also to complete your assignments. The topics and guides below are designed to help you.
Protect yourself online
At UCD we want to keep you, your information and your devices safe online. UCD passwords should be unique, strong and never shared. Your UCD email address is only for use on UCD systems and services.
For lots of good advice including how to recognise a phishing email and encrypt your files visit ucd.ie/itsecurity.
Help & Advice
At UCD we have a dedicated IT support team so if you need help you can contact us in a number of different ways. Our IT Support Hub is available 24/7 at www.ucd.ie/ithelp. You can also phone our IT Helpdesk at (01) 716 2700 or avail of our IT Centre service based in the Daedalus Building.
Our Services by Category
The UCD IT Support Hub is where you can log a call with our UCD IT Helpdesk team, find an answer in our Knowledge Base of articles, or request an additional service or access.
UCD IT ServicesComputer Centre, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland.
Contact us via the UCD IT Support Hub: www.ucd.ie/ithelp