IT Security’s mission is to educate and guide the University community for them to appropriately manage their digital information risk. This effort is advanced through policies, a cyber security programme of work, supporting tools and guidance that empowers the community to manage risk, in order to prevent the unintentional, unlawful, or unauthorized disclosure, modification, or destruction of digital information, while securely enabling access to information for those who need it.
To support this mission, the IT Security Office
- Develops IT security processes, guidelines and policies to help protect the University's digital information.
- Raises awareness of exposure to UMT using the university Risk Register and via updates to UCD’s Audit and Risk Management Committee (ARMC).
- Helps to increase the university’s information security awareness through training and communication.
- Responds to IT security incidents and events in order to contain IT threats and improve processes.
- Actively scans IT assets for risks and vulnerabilities.
- Provides IT Security consultancy and advice to the University community.
UCD IT ServicesComputer Centre, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland.
Contact us via the UCD IT Support Hub: www.ucd.ie/ithelp