If your offer has been made based on scanned documents or copies of documents you will be required to have your qualifications checked (generally this refers to academic transcripts only but other documents may require checking depending on the course in question) as part of enrolment procedures. Your Trimester 2 (end of year) examination results will not be released if you have not fulfilled your qualification checking requirements.
Types of qualification checking accepted*
- Secure link to check your transcripts online
- Checking via QCAS
- Email verification from issuing institution
- Pdf containing digital signature of issuing institution
(*see detailed information below)
If you are unable to fulfill your qualification checking requirements using one of those methods please contact us via www.ucd.ie/askus (by picking the 'current/incoming student' and 'Admissions' query options) for further advice.
What do I need to provide?
- N.B. Any qualifications taken in UCD are not subject to qualification checking as these can be verified internally.
- Entrants whose first language is not English should also provide proof of English language proficiency.
- Any documentation not in English should be accompanied by an official English translation.
- Checking of other qualifications may be required (e.g. school-leaving results for transfer applicants or original references)
For any third level attendance, the original academic transcripts, specifying the subjects studied and the grades attained, from the issuing educational institution/ awarding body in the form of a secure link to a qualification checking system provided by that institution/awarding body. This can be sent to email@example.com (N.B. This email address is used for the receipt of secure links, or for verified transcripts or letters of reference being sent directly from the institutions, only, and no reply will be sent from it). Any queries should be sent using the Student Desk Connector www.ucd.ie/askus
We also accept checking via QCAS. N.B. Please note that there is a cost involved in using this service which you will need to pay directly to QCAS if you choose this method.
You can also arrange to have requested transcripts emailed directly from your education institution to Admissions. They should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org As explained in the Secure Link section above, this email address should not be used for any purposes other than either the checking of qualifications or the provision of letters of reference and no reply will be sent from it. Any queries should be sent using the Student Desk Connector www.ucd.ie/askus
An uploaded soft copy pdf document may also be accepted provided that it contains the digital signature of the issuing institution. A digital signature is a mathematical scheme for verifying the authenticity of digital messages or documents. On a pdf of a transcript this will typically be displayed with a secure signature panel (shown as a blue banner across the top of the pdf).
Uploaded soft-copies (unless a digital signature is included as explained above), certified hard-copies, Garda stamped copies, etc. are not acceptable in this regard.
Original degree parchments cannot be substituted for the transcript
What happens if I don't fulfil qualification checking requirements?
- If you do not present your qualifications for checking you risk having your registration revoked.
- Your Trimester 2 (end of year) examination results will not be released if you have not fulfilled your qualification checking requirements.
- You will not be permitted to graduate if you have not fulfilled qualification checking requirements.
- Qualifications should ideally be presented for checking before registration.
UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate School of Business carries out its own qualification checking procedures. and details are available on the UCD Smurfit School website (see Transcripts section) or on the Programme Page of the Smurfit Incoming Student Portal.
Updated 8 August 2022