UCD Registry - Admissions processes applicant data in accordance with the Universities Act 1997 and the University Statutes and student vetting is processed under the The National Vetting Bureau (Children and Vulnerable Persons) Act 2012.
For certain programmes, involving work placements with Children or Vulnerable adults, students must be vetted by the National Vetting Bureau (NVB). In addition, some students undertaking particular roles in UCD may also need to be vetted.
UCD requires separate consent from you to do this. However, you will not be able to complete your placement/role if you have not satisfactorily met the vetting requirements (The National Vetting Bureau (Children and Vulnerable Persons) Act 2012)
- Following your consent, your personal data will be shared with the NVB who will then ask you to complete a more detailed form.
- When the checks are complete, the NVB will issue a disclosure statement to UCD which we will make available to you via SISWeb. It will also be made available to the relevant members of staff in the UCD School managing the placement (or the co-ordinator in the case of non-programme related roles).
- Where you have consented as part of your vetting application, the disclosure may also be made available to the organisation in which the placement will occur (this is to avoid the need for you to complete the vetting process more than once).
Main Purpose of Data Processing
Data processing is undertaken for the purpose of assessing whether it is appropriate for UCD to allow you proceed with the placement/role.
Other Purposes of Data Processing
UCD may directly provide you, the data subject, with information regarding UCD, your application and the course(s) applied to. UCD may also share the data with the organisations in which the placement will occur provided a sharing agreement exists. UCD may also use the data for business intelligence and statistical analysis at aggregate level where the confidentiality of personal data will be maintained.
The personal data will not be used for any other purpose other than the main purpose and those purposes listed above.
It is your responsibility:
- To provide full and accurate information in the application and to notify the University of any changes or corrections made to the original application.
- To keep your application number secure: UCD will assume that anyone who is able to quote your application number is authorised to make changes to your application or act on your behalf.