Hybrid-e: New ERASMUS+ project for blended learning support
- Publication date:
- 6th March 2023
- UCD Teaching & Learning
Hybrid-e (HEIs communitY for Blended, Responsive and Inclusive Digital Education) is an ERASMUS+ project developed in response to the growing presence of blended learning post-pandemic.
The project aims to equip teaching and professional services staff with the necessary skills and support to guide their institutions towards digital transformation by holding hybrid training events and workshops. Along with UCD, the project partners are the University of Amsterdam, Netherlands; Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece; and the KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden.
As part of the project outputs, each partner institution will create a technology map: a concept map that captures technologies used for teaching and learning, in addition to any local resources that have been developed to support their use and implementation. We are also gathering case studies of technology usage, reflections upon their implementation, impact upon learners and their sustainability moving forward.
The core project aim shall enable teaching and support staff to transform their practice responsibly to support hybrid learning and student engagement, through shared resources and experience, utilising a virtual community of practice to support professional development. To do this, the project will:
- Support, develop and aggregate practice and case studies in the use of educational technology to support teaching and learning
- Support the dissemination of practice and case studies to the community and beyond
- Facilitate the sharing of resources: the actionable framework, digital technologies and data, digital content map and the dynamic handbook
If you would like to contribute to the project:
- Complete one of our Hybrid-e Teaching and Learning Case Study templates, to capture and share your experiences
- Review our emerging technologies map, note any you may use and share any resource you may have developed either on a template map or our online form
- Contact Eoin McEvoy, Educational Technologist, UCD School of Irish, Celtic Studies and Folklore (firstname.lastname@example.org), or David Jennings, Assistant Professor, UCD Teaching & Learning (email@example.com)