News and Events
- SCBE EDI Newsletter - Diversity
- SCBE Seminar Day
- SCBE Christmas Party
- Best oral presentation at the special edition of Euromembrane2022
- SCBE EDI Newsletter - Equality
- Unprecedented success for UCD in ERC Advanced Grant 2021 competition
- SCBE EDI Newsletter - Unconscious Bias
- UCD Engineers Among NovaUCD’s 2022 Innovation Awardees
- The first annual SCBE Seminar Day
- Serendipity Swings Doors of Opportunity Open Wide for Nanobubble Generator Developers
- Gas Hydrates – a Potential New Fuel Source or a Cause of Mass Extinctions
- Springer publishes book to mark retirement of Emeritus Professor Mohamed Al-Rubeai
- 2020 News Archive
- 2019 News Archive
- Takeda Dunboyne Biologics Scholarship Paves career path for UCD Biopharma Engineering Students
- BioSimulytics Wins University College Dublin’s 2019 Start- Up of the Year Award
- UCD honours Noelle Walsh (BE, Chemical Engineering, 1985) at 2019 UCD Alumni Awards
- Eight UCD schools win Athena SWAN awards for gender equality commitment
- UCD Chemical and Bioprocess Engineering degrees receive IChemE accreditation
- Congratulations to Rachel Maher
- Bristol-Myers Squibb-UCD Strategic Partnership
- Ali Ekhtiari is the inaugural recipient of the MacElroy Energy Research Bursary
- NIBRT announce collaboration with University College Dublin, to re-design the MEngSc Biopharmaceutical Engineering
- Niamh O'Connell, a Stage 2 UCD Chemical & Bioprocess Engineering student, one of two recipients of the Sanofi Future Female Leaders Scholarship 2019.
- Engineering design to solve long-term problems in energy storage and medicine
- School Chemical and Bioprocess Engineering welcomes applications for AdAstra Fellows
- 2018 News Archive
- 2017 News Archive
- 2016 News Archive
NIBRT announce collaboration with University College Dublin
Monday, 10 June, 2019
NIBRT announce collaboration with University College Dublin, to re-design the MEngSc Biopharmaceutical Engineering
This two year part-time programme is designed to provide substantial coverage of the scientific, technical, management and regulatory issues associated with the biopharmaceutical industry. This programme will offer an internationally recognised, high quality flexible curriculum, which follows the latest developments in science and technology. This programme is suitable for Science and Engineering graduates currently working in the pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical industry who are looking to progress their career by obtaining a qualification which is highly relevant to the biopharmaceutical industry
World Class Facilities
The teaching for this MEngSc programme takes place in the NIBRT facility which is a purpose-built, multi-functional building replicating the most modern industrial bioprocessing facility. Classes will take place every Friday afternoon (during UCD term time) between 14:00 – 18:00 in the NIBRT Facility, Belfield Campus, UCD.
Course Content and Structure
The programme provides students with an understanding of the principle scientific and engineering challenges involved in the design, operation and management of biopharmaceutical production facilities. This is an advanced post-graduate degree programme offering a combination of lectures, tutorials and practicals delivered by university and industry experts.
This programme receives significant interest so please apply early online at www.ucd.ie/apply
For more information on the programme please email UCD College of Engineering and Architecture at firstname.lastname@example.org
Course: MEngSc Biopharmaceutical Engineering
Date: September 2019
Entry Requirements: 4 year bachelor’s degree with a minimum upper second class honours (NFQ level 8) or international equivalence in a relevant Engineering, Science or Technology programme
Location: UCD & NIBRT Fosters Avenue, Mount Merrion, Blackrock, Co. Dublin A94 X099.
NIBRT is a world-class institute that provides training and research solutions for the bioprocessing industry. Our mission is to support the bioprocessing industry by providing a unique learning experience for trainees in an environment that replicates the most modern industrial bioprocessing facility. In parallel, we also undertake leading edge research in key areas of bioprocessing in collaboration with industry.
Further information contact Killian O’Driscoll, NIBRT Director of Projects, email@example.com,
+ 353 1 215 8100.