We seek to deliver excellent research in our areas of specialisation, collaborating with and ranked among the leading groups internationally.
The UCD School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering have a long tradition of excellence in research, much of it achieved in close collaboration with industry. Our staff are leaders in the international research community, and graduates of our research programmes have found success in industry and academia around the world.
You can find further information on Research Integrity here.
Successful commercialisation of research conducted within the School has been achieved across the healthcare, energy, semiconductor design and networking sectors, in companies such as BiancaMed (acquired by ResMed), Cylon, Massana (acquired by LSI) and Intune Networks.
Impact Case Studies
- New Approaches may Uncover How the Brain Forms Decisions
- Research that Directly Addresses the Climate Crisis
- A Boost for Wireless and Energy-Harvesting Technologies
- Smart science to power the Internet of Things
- Engineering a smarter treatment for Parkinson’s disease
- Maintaining the balance of power – through engineering
- Optimising the Last Mile of 5G Wireless Networks