Cancellation of the JLPT in Dublin for December 2020:
With the current uncertain situation regarding COVID-19 in the Dublin region, we have made the decision to cancel the December exam. Our priority is the health and wellbeing of our candidates and staff. The next JLPT will be in December 2021.
The information below is provided as a guide to future offerings of the JLPT Examinations.
In Ireland, the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) is administered by UCD Japan on behalf of the Japan Foundation.
What is the Japanese Language Proficiency Test?
The JLPT is an internationally recognised qualification for non-native speakers, sponsored by the Japan Foundation. For information on the examination visit the official Japan Foundation JLPT website.
FAQ for the JLPT
Frequently Asked Questions for the JLPT examination.
JLPT in Dublin, 2019
Next Exam: Sunday, 1st December 2019
Venue: John Henry Newman Building, Newman Building, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4
Time: You will be asked to arrive by 12:00
Registration: From Friday 6th September to Friday 11th October 2019 at 23:59 (Midnight)
JLPT Online Application
Apply in September for JLPT December 2019 examinations here. Please read the following carefully:
- The official deadline for applications is Friday 11th October. However, individual levels may close earlier if the number of applicants reaches the maximum. Therefore we highly recommend you submit the application as early as possible to secure your place.
- Any applicants requiring Special Arrangements should contact Japan@ucd.ie before Friday 13th September. Please be aware that the deadline for requesting special arrangements is earlier than the general deadline.
- Once you complete the application, it is NOT possible to cancel or to defer the test to a later date. So, please plan carefully before applying for the test.
- It is NOT possible to change your level after you complete the application.
- The test fee is NOT refundable under any circumstance (please read the "Fees and Payment" section below).
- DO NOT fill in the paper form which is attached to the Test Guide. All applications are done online.
Fees and Payment
You make payment via the UCD online link in the application process. The fee is €90 for all levels.
No refund will be available under any circumstances once your payment has been accepted unless cancellation is made by the Japan Foundation or UCD. Read the JLPT Test Guide for the terms and conditions of the JLPT exam.
Level change requests are only accepted before the application deadline and must be made in writing to Japan@ucd.ie
After completing the online application those applicants who need special arrangements for the test day should contact the Japan@ucd.ie to request a special application form.
The JLPT Test Guide
Download the JLPT Test Guide (click the image of the Guide above). Please note there is no need to print out the test voucher. These will be sent via email in due course.
Book a JLPT Examination here.