Japanese Language Proficiency Test
In Ireland the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) is administered by UCD Japan on behalf of the Japan Foundation.
Japanese Language Proficiency Test
Notice - 27th January 2023 [18:00pm]
Those who took the JLPT Test on 3rd December 2023 can view their results online at (opens in a new window)https://www.jlpt-overseas.jp/onlineresults/ until 5pm [JST] Sunday 31st March. The registration number is your Exam Registration Number, which you got for the December Examination. The Passcode is the "Passcode for Results" you gave during registration.
Notice - 27th September 2023 [10:00am]
The last of the JLPT Examination places filled this morning. The data is being prepared for transfer to Japan to register candidates for the 3rd December examinations. We will contact candidates in the next two weeks with further information.
Notice - 12th September 2023 [11:00am]
Re: UCD Booking Centre - The issue with the online payment system has been resolved.
Notice - 11th September 2023 [7:00pm]
Re: UCD Booking Centre - There is an issue with the online payment system. We have raised this with the relevant UCD system management unit and are awaiting feedback.
Notice - 7th September 2023
The online booking system will open next week on Monday 11th September in the late afternoon. Please keep checking this website during Monday.
Notice - 12th July 2023
We are happy to announce that we will hold the JLPT Examination on the University College Dublin Belfield Campus on Sunday 3th December 2023.
The online booking system will open in mid-September. Please keep checking our website for information on this.
We will comply with all regulations in place at the time of the examination, including any re-application of Covid restrictions and this could also mean cancellation of the examinations. If the UCD Centre for Japanese Studies [UCD Japan] has to cancel these examinations a full refund will be made. All candidates will have to adhere to any COVID-19 regulations that apply.
Information on offerings of the JLPT Examinations in Dublin:
In Ireland, the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) is administered by UCD Centre for Japanese Studies [UCD Japan] on behalf of the (opens in a new window)Japan Foundation.
What is the Japanese Language Proficiency Test?
The JLPT is an internationally recognised qualification for non-native speakers, sponsored by the Japan Foundation. For information on the examination visit the official Japan Foundation (opens in a new window)JLPT website.
FAQ for the JLPT
Frequently Asked Questions for the JLPT examination.
JLPT in Dublin, 2023
Next Exam: Sunday, 3rd December 2023
Venue: John Henry Newman Building, Newman Building, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4
Time: You will be asked to arrive by 12:00
Registration: From the 11th September to end-of-September 2023.
JLPT Online Application
Apply in September for JLPT December 2023 examinations here. Please read the following carefully:
- The official deadline for applications is end-of-September. However, individual levels may close earlier if the number of applicants reaches the maximum. Therefore we highly recommend you submit the application as early as possible to secure your place.
- Any applicants requiring Special Arrangements should contact (opens in a new window)Japan@ucd.ie to request a special application form which must be submitted on or before Monday 4th September. Please be aware that the deadline for requesting special arrangements is earlier than the general examinations deadline. Candidates requesting Special Arrangements for the test day must also submit an online application for the examination.
- Once you complete the application, it is NOT possible for you to cancel or to defer the test to a later date or a different location. So, please plan carefully before applying for the test.
- It is NOT possible to change your level after you complete the application.
- The test fee is NOT refundable under any circumstance (please read the "Fees and Payment" section below).
- DO NOT fill in the paper form which is attached to the Test Guide. All applications are done online.
- UCD Japan will comply with all COVID-19 regulations in place at the time of the examination, and this could also mean cancellation of the examinations. If UCD Japan has to cancel these examinations a full refund will be made.
- All candidates will have to adhere to all COVID-19 regulations that apply at the time of the examination.
- For December 2023 ALL JLPT Bookings are PROVISIONAL pending the submission of the applications to the Japan Foundation. The decision of the JLPT Operations Committee is final.
Fees and Payment
You make payment via the UCD online link in the application process. The fee is €94 for all levels.
No refund will be available under any circumstances once your payment has been accepted unless cancellation is made by the Japan Foundation or UCD. Read the Test Guide [JLPT Test Guide December 2023] for the terms and conditions of the JLPT exam.
Level change requests are only accepted before the application deadline and must be made in writing to (opens in a new window)Japan@ucd.ie
Requesting an Examination Place [Link to JLPT Exam Registration]