We want to see if probiotics (good bacteria), taken every day in a capsule, can improve markers of metabolic health.
To control for any changes that may occur during the study period, participants will be randomly assigned to one of two groups. One group will receive placebo capsules for the duration of the study (these will be identical to the other capsules, but will not contain any probiotic). The other group will receive probiotic capsules for the duration of the study. Importantly, neither participants nor the researchers will know which group is taking probiotic or placebo until after the study is completed.
We ask you to:
- Take 1 capsule every day for 12 weeks
- Avoid consuming probiotic-containing foods during the study period
Benefits of taking part:
- Support Irish research
- Free individual health screening including:
- Body composition (including body fat)
- Metabolic rate
- Fasting blood test
- Receive personalised dietary advice from a nutrionist or dietician
Who can take part?
You may be able to take part if you are an adult female and meet certain eligibility criteria.
If you are interested and would like to know if you are eligible to take part, please contact us at:
Phone: 089 206 9564
Contact Form: You can also contact us by compleing the form (below)