MSc in Primary Care Open Evening
An open evening for our new MSc in Primary Care programmes will take place on Wednesday 12th February 2020 from 7-9pm in C006, UCD Health Sciences Centre.
The School is introducing two new programmes designed to support continuous professional development needs of general practitioners, commencing September 2020. The programmes include:
Both programmes are designed to accommodate the clinical constraints of GP's in practice and are delivered by experienced general practitioners and clinical subject experts. A number of progression points allow exit with Graduate Certificate and Graduate Diploma awards and the modular nature of these programmes support continuous professional development.
The evening will feature short talks by core faculty and give an opportunity to prospective students to meet faculty and learn more about the programmes.
|7:00 pm||Registration and Refreshments|
|7:30 pm||Information Session|
|8:30 pm||Faculty Meet & Greet|
Venue: C006, Ground Floor, UCD Health Sciences Centre, University College Dublin
- Dr Sheila Loughman, Lecturer in General Practice at UCD School of Medicine
- Mr Seamus Morris, Consultant Orthopaedic Spine Surgeon at Mater Misericordiae University Hospital & Beacon Hospital and UCD Associate Clinical Professor at UCD School of Medicine
- Prof Allys Guérandel, Consultant Psychiatrist at St Vincent’s University Hospital and UCD Clinical Professor at UCD School of Medicine
- Prof Walter Cullen, UCD Full Professor of Urban General Practice and Head of General Practice at UCD School of Medicine
- Introduction and Welcome - Prof Michael Keane, Dean of Medicine and Head of School
- Changing Landscape of Healthcare Delivery - Prof Mary Day, Chief Executive Officer, Ireland East Hospital Group
- Programme Overview - Prof Walter Cullen, Professor of Urban General Practice, UCD School of Medicine
- Primary Care - Dr Sheila Loughman, Lecturer in General Practice, UCD School of Medicine
- Orthopaedic and Musculoskeletal Medicine - Mr Seamus Morris, Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital / Beacon Hospital & Associate Clinical Professor, UCD School of Medicine
Ms Ruth Whelan, Physiotherapist and Manager of the UCD Beacon Hospital Academy
Mental Healthcare - Prof Allys Guérandel, Consultant Psychiatrist, St Vincent’s University Hospital & UCD School of Medicine
Dr Susan Moore, Consultant Liaison Psychiatrist, St Vincent’s University Hospital
Graduate taught programmes and RPL - Prof Jonathan McNulty, Associate Dean of Graduate Taught Programmes, UCD School of Medicine
These programmes are delivered by the UCD School of Medicine in conjunction with St Vincent's University Hospital, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital and Beacon Hospital.
Graduate Studies in Primary Care
Find out more about graduate studies opportunities of relevance to general practitioners here.