INMED - Annual Scientific Meeting 2017
This year the conference theme is:
Getting ahead by getting along: Collective Competence for Healthcare Practitioners: Preparing for Real World Practice
INMED 2017 will be a 2½ day conference for all health professional educators.The conference will be headlined by three world-class keynote presenters looking at how we prepare learners for the real world in which patient care is always collaborative. They are:
- Lorelei Lingard: What is collective competence (Director of Centre for Education Research and Innovation; Western University, Ontario)
- Rhona Flin: Collective competence and human factors (Professor of Human Factors, University
- of Aberdeen)
- Ian Bates: Collective competence and competency based education (Professor of Pharmacy Education; University College London)
The conference will offer full-day and half-day preconference workshops (February 27th) on topics such as:
- In situ simulation
- Making the most of clinical teaching opportunities without reducing the efficiency and effectiveness of patient care
- What is best practice in inter-professional learning?
- Assessing undergraduate and postgraduate learners in the workplace.
- Skills development workshops for early career and experienced health professions education scholars and researchers.
- How to use social media to enhance undergraduate and postgraduate learning
The conference will also feature:
- Educational networking through “Talking tables”; a working lunch like no other
- Representing and depicting the conference through cartoons / graffiti
- A student led session – always very thought provoking and stimulating.
- Rapid infusion workshops (90 minutes) to develop teaching and research skills
- An educational ideas swap shop
- E-Poster presentations
- Parallel Oral presentations of health professions educational research
This is Ireland’s number one health professions education conference. If you teach and you want to get better at what you do, book now to come to INMED 2017 February 27th to March 1st at the RCSI.
Further details including online abstract and workshop submissions will shortly be available on www.inmed.ie.
Please note that this event is not being organised by the UCD School of Medicine. Details are posted here to help publicise the event. The School does not accept responsibility for any inaccuracies or changes to the event which may occur. Please liaise directly with the event organisers.