INMED2018 Annual Scientific Meeting takes place from 7th-9th February 2018 at Brookfield Health Sciences Complex, University College Cork. Ireland's largest conference for health professional educators, the focus for this meeting is 'Clinical Supervision - What Works, How and Why?'.
- LEARN about novel approaches to clinical and educational supervision applicable to teachers at all levels and in all disciplines.
- DEVELOP yourself as a teacher and/ or enhance your educational research skills by attending our workshops.
- DISCOVER new insights by attending educational research and innovation presentations.
- MEET fellow health professional educators from your own and other disciplines.
DAY 1 Wednesday 7 February 2018
PRE CONFERENCE WORKSHOPS
- Practitioner Research. Supporting Learners’ Learning and your Career Development
- Pre conference workshop: Teacher Development
- Delving into Qualitative Research: A TeamBased Learning Exploration
DAY 2 Thursday 8 February 2018
- Understanding the Dance: Entrustment in Educational and Supervisory Relationship Dr. Dorene Balmer The Children’s Hospital Philadelphia & Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
- Workplace Learning in the Era of Competency Based Medical Education Prof. Pim Teunissen, Maastricht University RESEARCH & INNOVATION PRESENTATIONS
- Parallel oral and eposter presentations of educational research and new educational ideas
DAY 2 Thursday 8 February 2018
- Preparing an Educational Research Funding Application
- Stress Management and Resilience Training for Healthcare Students: Pearls and Pitfalls
- A multidisciplinary approach to clinical supervision in healthcare education: the student voice
DAY 3 Friday 9 February 2018
RAPID INFUSION WORKSHOPS
- Interprofessional learning in (and for) the workplace
- Building an Effective Undergraduate Research Programme
- Getting Published
- Communication Skills Education - What’s New?
- “Bullying is endemic throughout the system” (Your Training Counts. Medical Council 2017) Prof Jan Illing. School of Medical Education, Newcastle University
- Hot Topics Presentations
- Grant Announcements and Prize Giving
To register for the conference, please login to www.inmed.ie/inmed2018
Irish Network of Medical Educators
The Irish Network of Medical Educators, (INMED) was founded in 2008 with the aim of enhancing medical education on the island of Ireland by bringing together individuals and organisations with an interest in, and responsibilities for, medical and healthcare education. The organisation began as a collaboration between the seven undergraduate medical schools on the island of Ireland. It has since developed into a de facto collaboration between postgraduate colleges and undergraduate schools. There are also an increasing number of participants in INMED who come from a variety of health professions other than medicine. [More]
Please note that this event is not organised by the UCD School of Medicine. Details are posted here to help publicise the event. The School does not accept responsibility for any inaccuracies or changes to the event which may occur. Please liaise directly with the event organisers.