A wealth of public engagement resources are available to help with programme design, evaluation and planning for impact.
Public Engagement Resources
Below are links to resources to assist in planning public engagement. Further links will be available via the staff intranet shortly.
- Defining and Supporting Public Engagement at University College Dublin - Summary Report (Nov 2018) - PE Report.
- UCD Research: Outcomes and Impacts: click here.
- UCD Research: Public Engagement and Engaged Research: click here.
- UCD Research: Engage Your Research guide: click here.
- SFI Guidance and best practice in public engagement: click here.
- The National Coordinating Centre for Public Engagement (NCCPE) in the UK has created a wealth of resources to support high quality engagement: click here.
- Campus Engage has a series of resources on engaged research and community engagement: click here.
- Responsible Research and Innovation toolkit: click here.
Public and Patient Involvement at UCD
Both nationally and internationally, there continues to be a significant emphasis on advancing our understanding and practice of public and patient involvement (PPI) in health and social care research. PPI is an approach to research that fosters collaboration between people with lived experiences, researchers, and research institutions.
There is a diversity of PPI activities occurring across UCD, involving a breadth of PPI groups. The PPI Ignite Network @ UCD are looking to capture examples of the diversity and variety of approaches to PPI in UCD. You can submit a case study to showcase your approach and help inspire other researchers here.
Our program of work at PPI Ignite Network @ UCD is supported by our partners, who inform and guide our work.
PPI Ignite Network @ UCD Partners
- SAGE Advocacy: Bibiana Savin
- Spinal Injuries Ireland: Naomi Fitzgibbon
- Disability Federation of Ireland: Cathy McGrath
- Family Carers Ireland: Dr Nikki Dunne
- Dublin Simon Community: Michelle Connolly
- PKU Association of Ireland: Bernadette Gilroy
- Transgender Equality Network Ireland: Daire Dempsey
- Ireland East Hospital Group: Mr Paul Gallagher
- Dr. Éidín Ní Shé
The "Avacado" Public Engagement spectrum
To download the Public Engagement spectrum (the "avocado") above please click here: UCD Spectrum of Public Engagement