Who applies direct to UCD?
The following applicants apply direct to UCD via UCD Applications.
- Graduate Taught applicants*
- Graduate Research (but not for all programmes)
- Applicants for certificates and diplomas
- International (non-EU students) for undergraduate programmes
- Exchange and occasional students (e.g. Erasmus)
- Post stage 1 undergraduate transfer applicants
The programmes that accept online applications can be found in the Course Finder section.
*for the Professional Master's in Education and the Graduate Diploma in Nursing (Public Health) applicaiton is made through the Postgraduate Application Centre.
How do I apply?
If you are not a UCD student and have not applied previously, you must register before using the system for the first time. You'll find step-by-step instructions on how to apply in our instructions for applicants [pdf] and video tutorial.
If you have already registered you can return to the secure system using the login details you registered with. If you are a current or previous UCD student, please use your UCD student number (the system will pre-populate your personal details and you will not be requested to send transcripts).
Due to essential maintenance work, the service may be disrupted, or unavailable entirely, from time to time. Please be patient during these times. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. Details of upcoming scheduled maintenance windows, if any, will appear on the right.
How do I access an application I've already started?
Click on Sign in to existing account and choose "login to existing accountg"
What are the opening and closing dates?
Applications may open at various stages throughout the year but, in general, applications for graduate taught programmes to start next September, open on 1 October.
Closing dates vary and may be seen on the course finder if they are already decided. Most courses operate a rolling admissions policy with decisions being taken as soon as possible after receipt of completed applications. Therefore, it is advisable that you do not delay making an application as competition for places may result in courses reaching capacity quickly. In general, courses remain open until such time as all places have been filled.
Under immigration regulations, all non-EU/EEA students must be registered to a full-time programme.
- Programme Listings - note don't use this to access a programme you've already applied for, login to your account.
- instructions for applicants [pdf]
- Submitting an Application
- Paying your application and course fees
- Supporting documents required
- Tracking your application
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Offer stage information
- Contact us
- Useful Links
- RPL information for applicants
- Support for staff managing the system
- RPL information for staff