Direct Applications to UCD
Who applies direct to UCD?
The following applicants apply direct to UCD via UCD Applications.
- Graduate Taught applicants*
- Graduate Research (but not for all programmes)
- Applicants for certificates and diplomas
- International (non-EU students) for undergraduate programmes
- Exchange and occasional students (e.g. Erasmus)
- Transfer applicants
- Applications for modular study/microcredentials at the (opens in a new window)Advance Centre (opens in a new window) and UCD Microcredentials
The programmes that accept online applications can be found in the (opens in a new window)Course Finder section.
*for the Professional Master's in Education and the Graduate Diploma in Nursing (Public Health) application is made through the (opens in a new window)Postgraduate Application Centre.
How do I apply?
If you are not a UCD student and have not applied previously, you must register before using the system for the first time. You'll find step-by-step instructions on how to apply in our instructions for applicants [pdf] and (opens in a new window)video tutorial.
If you have already registered you can return to the secure system using the login details you registered with. If you are a current or previous UCD student, please use your UCD student number (the system will pre-populate your personal details and you will not be requested to send transcripts).
Due to essential maintenance work, the service may be disrupted, or unavailable entirely, from time to time. Please be patient during these times. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. Details of upcoming scheduled maintenance windows, if any, will appear on the right.
How do I access an application I've already started?
Click on (opens in a new window)Sign in to existing account and choose "login to existing account"
What are the opening and closing dates?
Applications may open at various stages throughout the year but, in general, applications for graduate taught programmes to start next September, open on 1 October.
Closing dates vary and may be seen on the (opens in a new window)course finder if they are already decided. Most courses operate a rolling admissions policy with decisions being taken as soon as possible after receipt of completed applications. Therefore, it is advisable that you do not delay making an application as competition for places may result in courses reaching capacity quickly. In general, courses remain open until such time as all places have been filled.
Under immigration regulations, all non-EU/EEA students must be registered to a full-time programme.
- (opens in a new window)Programme Listings- note don't use this to access a programme you've already applied for, login to your account.
- How to apply to UCD
- Submitting an Application
- Paying your application and course fees
- General Requirements
- Supporting documents required
- Tracking your application
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Offer stage information
- Deferring an offer
- Contact us
- Useful Links
- RPL information for applicants
- Support for staff managing the system
- RPL information for staff