A number of colleges and schools (see list below) are using an online RPL application.
If you are applying for RPL to these schools you should complete the RPL application form.
However, if your progamme does not accept online RPL applications please contact the relevant school for their application procedures.
Undergraduate Science students applying for RPL should contact the College of Science office
Important Note for Graduate Research Students: Applications for External Credit/Concurrent, from graduate research students seeking credit for non-UCD learning/training activity completed during their programme, should not be made using this form. Information on the application process can be found on the Graduate Studies document repository.
There are three separete application forms as follows:
- RPL UCD Students (for students applying on the basis of learning accredited at UCD)
- RPL Non UCD Students (for students applying on the basis of learing accrediated outside UCD)
- RPL Experiential Learning (for students applying on the basis of Experiential Learning)
A list of the participating colleges and schools and their individual requirements, if any, is included below. Please note that where restrictions are mentioned, only applications from the categories explictly listed will be considered and other applicants need to contact the relevant school as outlined at the top of the page.
|College/School||Programme Office (select this on drop down menu)|
|College of Arts & Humanities Office||Arts & Humanities|
|College of Engineering and Architecture**||Engineering & Architecture|
|College of Social Sciences and Law||Social Sciences|
|School of Agriculture and Food Science||Agriculture and Food Science|
|School of Archaeology||Social Sciences|
|School of Biology and Environmental Science*||Science|
|School of Business***||Quinn School of Business|
|School of Classics||Arts & Humanities|
|School of Computer Science*||Science|
|School of Economics||Social Sciences|
|School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering||Engineering & Architecture|
|School of Geography||Social Sciences|
|School of Information and Communication Studies||Social Sciences|
|School of Law||Law|
|School of Mechanical and Materials Engineering||Enginering & Architecture|
|School of Nursing, Midwifery and Health Systems||Nursing, Midwifery and Health Systems|
|School of Public Health, Physiotherapy and Sports Science****||Public Health, Physiotherapy and Sports Science|
|School of Veterinary Medicine||Veterinary Medicine|
*Postgraduate courses only
**Excluding applicants for PhD programmes
***Bachelor of Commerce BSS1, Commerce International BSW1 and Economics & Finance BSS2 only.
****Applications are accepted for the following courses only
- BSc Physiotherapy - CAO Code DN420/ Major MDS5
- BSc Health & Performance Science - CAO Code DN425 / Major MDS8
- BSc Sports & Exercise Management - CAO Code DN430 / Major SMS2
If your progamme does not accept online RPL applications please contact the relevant school for their applications procedure.
- Information on learning outcomes and levels of learning can be found on pages 71/72 of the Academic Regulations
- Information on module descriptors/programmes
- Recognition of Prior Learning Policy
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Guide for UCD Academic Staff in assessing RPL applications