How will my application be assessed?
Applicants will be ranked on the basis of:
- Academic Ability(Honours Bachelor’s degree [NFQ Level 8] at the minimum level of 2.2).
- A copy of your final award and a full transcript of degree should be submitted;
- Science background
- A minimum of O6 (OD3) in the Leaving Certificate (or equivalent) is required.
- Motivation and Interest
- A personal statement should be included explaining:
- Your reasons for wishing to undertake a Physiotherapy degree;
- Your knowledge of research and healthcare issues;
- How this degree will contribute to your plans for the future.
- Work Experience
- Include a brief CV with details of any relevant work experience and/or involvement in social, medical or voluntary activities.
- You should show evidence of continuing professional development and achievements and details any experience or activities which demonstrate your ability to work independently and display initiative.
- Three letters of recommendation: academic, work experience and one other.
- Shortlisted applicants may be required to attend for interview.
All supporting documents should be posted to CAO, Tower House, Eglinton Street, Galway.
Remember to include your CAO application numer on all documents sent to CAO.
Please note that documents should be with the CAO no later than 15 February.
Applicants in the final year of their degree will be a considered on the basis of the information provided and a Conditional Offer may be made subject to achieving the minimum overall grade in their degree. Final results should be sent as soon as they are received.