- View the courses we have on offer and decide which one best suits your needs and interests.
- Consider whether you want to apply for next September or whether you would prefer to do an Access or Open Learning course to help prepare you. The Access course is essential if you want to apply for DN300 Veterinary Medicine or DN400 Medicine.
- If you are ready to apply, submit your application online via the Central Applications Office (CAO) by 1 February. CAO have a helpful Guide for Mature Applicants.
- Make sure you include details of your school leaving examinations and any QQI FET courses you have taken as these will add to your profile as a mature student. (If you are not offered as a mature student, you may also be eligible for assessment on the basis of your school-leaving exams or QQI-FET).
- Complete the Mature section on the CAO form.
- Post your relevant supporting documents to CAO (make sure you include your CAO number so they can be matched to your application).
- If you are applying for Nursing, you will also need to apply for the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI) written assessment.
Please note: the above is for Irish and other EU/EFTA/UK applicants only. Non EU applicants should visit the UCD Global webpages. If you are unsure of your status, please visit our fees website for a fee assessment.