HEAR Student Support Fund
Students who enter UCD through the HEAR pathway are eligible to receive funding from funding through UCD Access and Lifelong Learning as they have already been means-tested and assessed as part of their CAO application.
The Fund is a contributory payment which helps students meet some of the day-to-day costs associated with being in college. Students must be fully registered to a full-time undergraduate programme of study, progressing normally (i.e. not repeating a stage).
Students registered for one semester only should make an appointment with a member of staff in Access and Lifelong Learning to discuss their financial needs after they have completed their registration.
To receive this funding, you need to:
- Complete an online application form through SISWeb (Programme > Welfare and Assistance > HEAR Student Support Fund)
- Submit a HEAR SSF Budget Form 2023-24 detailing your estimated budget and stating what expenses you are requesting support for from the Fund. This form must be downloaded, filled out and signed and then emailed back to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The application form can be found on SISWeb, under the ‘Programme’ tab and the ‘Welfare and Assistance’ section. It is called HEAR Student Support Fund.
- In the section marked Statistical Information, HEAR students should select "Full Time Education" and "Upper Secondary" for the first two drop-down menus.
- You do not need to provide physical receipts for your costs. In the section marked ‘Receipts’, you need to indicate what you will use the €650 payment for. Please note the amount should add up to exactly €650.
- You must also complete a budget form (see above) based on your Trimester 1 costs and income. Your expenditure must exceed your income by at least €650.
- The budget is very important for you to plan your expenditure for the semester and to show us that you have a sense of your college costs, can manage money well, and that you are in need of this fund.
- Be aware that to comply with European Union requirements, data will be collected as part of the application process which may be used for the purposes of coordinating, monitoring and evaluating the operation of the Fund. This data may be shared with third parties for monitoring and reporting on European Social Fund co-financed activities.
Incorrectly completed forms will lead to delays with your application being processed, so please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or need any guidance with your form.
|Eligible Expenses||Ineligible Expenses|