Centre for Irish Towns soft launch and first seminar in our 'Talking Towns' series
The UCD Centre for Irish Towns (CfIT) was approved as a centre for research and training by the UCD Academic Council in April 2021. CfIT brings together researchers and stakeholders from across the island of Ireland to support the revitalisation of Irish towns.
CfIT is hosting a short ‘soft’ launch event on Thursday 17th June at 12:30 – 2pm and we would like to invite you to join us.
The event will be in 2 parts:
- A short introduction explaining what the centre is for and how it might be useful to your research (12:30-1pm).
- A seminar comprising 3 short talks to demonstrate the relevance, breadth and opportunity of CfIT (1-2pm). This will be the first in a series called “Talking Towns” that will recommence in September, and is presented in partnership with the UCD Earth Institute.
Please register via Eventbrite
Recent CfIT news:
- Co-Director Orla Murphy has been selected as a member of the High Level Roundtable and community ambassador of the New European Bauhaus.
- CfIT will offer a structured support process for applications to IRC scholarships. More information will be available at the launch.
- A short video recording our recent joint webinar to initiate our collaboration with the University of Edinburgh, entitled Nations of Towns, is available here.
CfIT was initiated in 2019 by Orla Murphy and Philip Crowe and is hosted by the UCD School of Architecture, Planning and Environmental Policy. CfIT was the recipient of funding from the UCD Earth Institute’s Strategic Priority Support Mechanism in 2019.
Find out more or become a member
If you would like to find out more about CfIT you can check out our online brochure.
Please fill out this short form if you are interested in becoming a member of CfIT. As a member you will be listed as an affiliated researcher on our website, become an active participant in the centre and the conversation around Irish towns, and receive updates and supports on collaborative funding opportunities.
Please fill in this short form if you’d like to be included on our mailing list. Those on our mailing list will receive updates on CfIT events and activities.