Education for Sustainable Development: The Role of Higher Education in Mission 4.7
All are welcome to join the virtual side event, Education for Sustainable Development: The Role of Higher Education in Mission 4.7, at the UN High-Level Political Forum 2021 scheduled for July 14th, 2021 from 6 – 7.30 pm (1 – 2.30 pm New York City time).
UCD Earth Institute member, Professor Paul Walsh will chair this event, which aims to outline the role of Higher Education to create education pathways that create knowledge and the virtues to achieve Target 4.7 by 2030.
Our world faces multiple challenges, some new and many enduring, including pandemics, rising global temperatures, unemployment, and inequality. Are you keen to be part of crafting and implementing solutions to the big challenges of our times? If yes, join us to discuss education pathways that will help prepare you with the tools, skills, and knowledge to build a fulfilling and challenging life tackling the world’s biggest challenges.
Guiding Questions for discussion during the event include:
- How can teaching training colleges in Universities orient teacher training towards sustainable development?
- How can Universities work with Departments of Education to orient curriculum and state examinations towards sustainable development?
- What are good examples of open access entry to undergraduate and postgraduate programs on Sustainable Development?
- What are good examples of career pathways for graduates of universities in the public and private sector in the area of Sustainable Development?
- How do Universities missions have measurable impact on sustainable lifestyles, human rights, gender equality, promotion of a culture of peace and non-violence, global citizenship, and appreciation of cultural diversity?
To register for this event, please click the following link: