New project looking at the 4 Day Week seeks Research Assistant
The 4Day Week Ireland research team are looking for a part-time Research Assistant.
This role is an exciting opportunity to become involved in Ireland's first working time reduction research trial. Our research aims to understand how working fewer hours impacts productivity, employee health and wellbeing, time use, care work, and participants' environmental footprint.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with leading scholars in the field and build skills in project management, research design, data collection and analysis and academic writing.
We are looking for assistance with various aspects of the project implementation, including desk research, survey compilation, participant onboarding, and project administration.
The successful RA will report to Principal Investigator Dr Orla Kelly at the UCD School of Social Policy, Social Work and Social Justice.
RA Point 4 on IUA Research Assistant Scale; €29,068 (Pro-rated)
The RA is expected to dedicate 2-3 days per week to the project between November 2021 and April 2022.
Day-to-day activities will include but are not limited to:
- Managing the onboarding of participating companies.
- Finalising the survey instrument
- Conducting literature reviews and synthesising scientific content
- Managing and replying to project-related correspondence
- Attending and supporting virtual project meetings
- Conducting other administrative duties related to undertaking and disseminating the research project as they arise and requested by the Principal Investigator
To be eligible for employment applicants must have a personal public services (PPS) number.
For more information on duties, selection criteria, and application process please see the job description.
Deadline: 5pm, 18 October, 2021
For informal queries please contact Dr Orla Kelly.